External Affairs Minister's Message
The Embassy of India offers a large range of passport and consular services to the Indian nationals residing in Denmark. It is our endeavour to provide efficient consular services to all applicants in the shortest possible time.
- The Indian passport holders required to file their application online at the link http://www.passport.gov.in/nri/onlineregistration.jsp
For passport-related queries,
please call the Embassy at telephone number: +45 39 10 86 10 & 39 10 86 32.
between 14.30 - 17.00 hrs. on working days
send e-mail at
||Fresh passport or re-issue of passport containing 36 pages with 10 years' validity (also applicable to minors in the age group of 15 - 18 years)
||Fresh passport or re-issue of passport containing 60 pages with 10 years' validity (also applicable to minors in the age group of 15 - 18 years)
||Fresh passport or re-issue of passport containing 36 pages for minors below 18 years of age with five years' validity or till the minor attains the age of 18 years, whichever is earlier
||Birth certificate, birth registration, and passport for new born
||Fresh passport or re-issue of India-Bangladesh passport or passport for any other named foreign country with a maximum validity of 10 years
||Replacement of ordinary passport of 36 pages with 10 years' validity for changes in personal particulars
||Replacement of passport of 60 pages with 10 years' validity for changes in personal particulars
||Replacement of passport of 36 pages for changes in personal particulars for minors below the age of 18 years with five years' validity or till the minor attains the age of 18 years, whichever is earlier
||Replacement of passport of 36 pages with 10 years' validity for deletion of Emigration Check Required stamp
||Replacement of ordinary passport of 60 pages with 10 years' validity for deletion of Emigration Check Required Stamp
||Replacement of ordinary passport of 36 pages in lieu of lost, damaged or stolen passport
||Replacement of ordinary passport of 60 pages in lieu of lost, damaged or stolen passport
||Additional ordinary passport of 36 pages for any country with initial validity up to 1 year
||Certificate of Identity
||Police Clearance Certificate or Surrender Certificate or any other miscellaneous certificates based on the passport
NOTE: There is an additional surcharge of 20 DKK for each of the above mentioned services
Issue of New Passport
- An applicant has the choice of applying for an ordinary passport booklet of 36 pages (SR. 155) or a Jumbo passport booklet of 60 pages (SR.190) of ten-year validity.
- "Copy of CPR card or Yellow card" and "copy of first, last and other relevant pages of passport containing personal particulars".
- Requirements for submitting an Application for re-issue of New Passport:
- Original Passport (including subsequent additional booklets if any)
- A printout of application filed on line for a Fresh Passport.
- 4 latest passport size photographs (5x5 cm, bright photo with white background)
- Verification of Valid Visa/Permanent Residence card for Denmark
- Verification of Residence Proof if there is change in address.
- Copy of marriage certificate if husband’s/wife’s name is not included in wife’s/husband’s passport.
- If an applicant is going to make any changes in his/her passport, then all the supporting documents will be required
- If passport is renewed after 1 yr from the date of expiry, an affidavit (click here to downloads Affidavit pro-forma) is to be filled in and a fine as levied by the consular officer is payable.
- Application for renewal (new booklet) of passport can be submitted if the final validity of the passport is less than one year.
- Documents in Danish should be accompanied with typed English translation from authorized translator.
- It is an offence under the Passport Act 1967 to furnish false information in the application. Passport facilities could be denied on grounds of suppression of material information, submission of incorrect particulars, willful damage/loss of passport or for unauthorised change/tampering. The Passport can be impounded or revoked for violation of one or more of the provisions of the Passport Act.
- It is an offence to hold more than one valid passport at a time. Those Indian citizens acquiring citizenship/passport of another country should immediately surrender their Indian Passport to the Indian Embassy/Consulate.
- Photo Guidelines for New Passport
We request you to keep a photocopy of your passport in a safe place, separate from the passport. The photocopy should include the pages showing the passport particulars, validity of the passport, date/place of issue, also the stamp of departure from India, entry in Denmark and the visa issued by the Danish Embassy.
Issue of new Passports for Minors (less than 18 years)
- Minors are issued passports for 5 years or up to attaining 18 years, whichever is earlier. Passport applications should be signed by both parents. Minor may affix his/her signature in the "Signature Boxes" or the words "MINOR" may be written.
Note : THE CHILD SHOULD BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT IN DENMARK AT THE TIME OF SEEKING PASSPORT SERVICE. Under no circumstances should the parents try to obtain passport service for a child who is not present in Denmark.
- Minors between the age of 15 and 18 have the option to apply for a full validity passport (ten years) by payment of fees as applicable for issue of passports to persons above 18 years of age.
- For issue of separate passport to Minor Child whose name is presently included in mother's passport, the mother's passport in original should be submitted along with a photocopy of the passport page where entry of the child's name exists.
- Application Forms and other Guidelines listed from Sl. 1 to 5 in the Passport Section above are also applicable for issue of passports to Minors.
Issue of Passport to New-Born Child and Birth Registration
- Every child who is born to Indian parent(s) in Denmark is issued a separate Passport. It is not possible to include the child's name in the Passport of mother/father.
- The birth of every child born to Indian parent(s)
in Denmark is required to be registered with the Embassy of India, Copenhagen,
within one year of the birth of child under Section 4(1) of the Indian Citizenship Act, 1955. A Birth Certificate is issued by the Embassy
to the child after registering his/her name as an Indian national.
An application should also be filed online for issue of an Indian Passport to the New Born child. The printed copy of the application
should be submitted to the Embassy with photograph of the child and applicable fees.
The registration for Indian Citizenship by descent under Section 4(1) of the Indian Citizenship Act, 1955
should be made online only at http://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/ic_form_public.aspx.
Requirements for Birth Registration & Separate Passport for Child:
- Birth certificate from Danish authorities along with its English translation, duly certified by the Danish Foreign Ministry
- Affidavit (AFF 2.pdf) signed by one parent if the other parent's signature cannot be obtained.
- Affidavits (AFF 3A.pdf & AFF 3B.pdf) if one parent is a non-Indian.
- Father's/Mother's passport
- Photocopy of Father's and Mother's Passport
- Copy of marriage certificate if husband's name is not included in wife's passport
- Four (4) passport size photographs of the child.
Issue of Duplicate Passport in lieu of Lost / Damaged Passport
- Requirements for issue of Duplicate Passport in lieu of Lost or Damaged Passport :
- Police Report along with its authorized English translation
- Sponsor's letter
- Copy of Residence Permit or Identity card or Driving license
- Five (5) Identical recent passport size photographs
Broucher click here